8.07.2010

16 weeks, 2 days

Not a whole lot to report over the past week or so. I think I look the same, so I'll try a new picture next week. This week the baby's legs are finally longer than it's arms, and it's ear bones are developing so it can start to hear. It's currently the size of an avocado. I think every once in a while I may be feeling it move, but it's hard to tell if it's just my body digesting food or actually the baby yet. I can't wait to know for sure! 12 more days until my next appointment when they will finally schedule the big ultrasound where we can find out. I try not to think of it too often because I get so antsy, but it's hard the closer it gets. I just want to stop calling it "it" and become more involved with who "it" will be, and preparing for "it".

According to my scale, which has lately decided to work again, I still haven't gained anything. Normally I'd be psyched, but I get nervous that the longer I go without gaining means that at the end I'm going to gain so rapidly that I will live in stretch mark land the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, there are worse things, but it would be nice to come away from all of this looking close to my old self.

Annnnnd that's all I have for now I guess. Maybe this week will bring excitement. Oh, on a side note, 16 weeks is 40% of the way there! That's crazy to me. I guess it's going by quicker than I realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment